What types of personal information may we collect?
We may collect various types of personal information. For example, we may receive personal information that comes directly from patrons who are interested in obtaining various products and services from us. This information may include the guest's name, postal address, e-mail address and telephone number. We also may collect other types of information such as gender, age, number of children, and personal interests, which we may associate with personal information. When you purchase products or services from us, we may note, for example, the type of services or products ordered or purchased, and the date of the order or purchase. In addition, we may collect personal information from you if you participate in sweepstakes, contests, games and promotional offers
How may we use and share your personal information that we collect?
- We may send you promotional materials by postal mail, e-mail or other means. We may also share your personal information with other Southern California nonprofit organizations via the third party list management company, TRG Arts (www.trgarts.com), so that they can send you promotional materials. (By "promotional materials," we mean communications that directly promote the purchase of products or services.) These promotional materials may concern our products and services, and/or the products and services of a third party. We do not share e-mail or telephone information with any third party.
- We may take your personal information and make it non-personally identifiable, either by combining it with information about other individuals (aggregating your information with information about other individuals), or by removing characteristics (such as your name) that make the information personally identifiable to you (de-personalizing your information). We may use this non-personally identifiable information for, among other purposes, research and analysis to improve our products and services.
- We may hire companies to help deliver promotional materials, like a mailing house. In those instances, there is a need to share your information with these companies. Sometimes we also may work with other companies who help either gather your information or communicate with you. When we deliver promotional materials to individuals from other non-profit organizations through the third party list management company, Enertex, we do not retain any personal information.
- We may disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that such disclosures (a) are required by law, including, for example, to comply with a court order or subpoena, or (b) will help to: enforce contest, sweepstakes, promotions and/or game rules; protect your safety or security, including the safety and security of property that belongs to you; and/or protect the safety and security of us, and/or third parties, including the safety and security of property that belongs to us or third parties.
- As you browse www.carpenterarts.org and other websites, online ad networks we work with may place anonymous cookies on your computer, and use similar technologies, in order to understand your interests based on your (anonymous) online activities, and thus to tailor more relevant ads to you. If you do not wish to receive such tailored advertising, you can visit this page to opt out of most companies that engage in such advertising. (This will not prevent you from seeing ads; the ads simply will not be delivered through these targeting methods.)
We allow customers to "opt out" from certain uses by us of your personal information and/or our sharing of your personal information.
Do California residents have special rights?
Beginning on January 1, 2005, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write us:
6200 Atherton Street
Long Beach, CA 90815